Welcome to the Berks County Medical Society Website, here to serve our members and the residents of Berks County, PA with physician, hospital, and health-related information.
Sponsorship Information for the
Berks County Medical Society’s
29th Annual SPRING Golf Outing
Berks County Medical Society ALL BCMS MEMBERS & GUESTS ARE CORDIALLY INVITED
To attend our annual LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST FRIDAY, May 11, 2018 to be held at The Highlands of Wyomissing 2000 Cambridge Ave Wyomissing, PA 19610
6:30 A.M. BREAKFAST BUFFET AVAILABLE
7:00 A.M.-9:00 A.M. PROGRAM
COME OUT AND MEET OUR LEGISLATORS!!
ALL BCMS AND BCMS ALLIANCE MEMBERS
ARE INVITED TO ATTEND FREE OF CHARGE!
Also, please feel free to invite a guest to join us
(Spouse, non-member, office manager, etc.)
To register: please call 610 375 6555
Or email email@example.com
The latest news and trends in medicine.
- Prior Authorizations – One More Reason To Be Angry At Health Insurance Companies? by Heath Mackley, MD, FACRO Don’t you get upset at health insurance companies? To that frequently asked question, my short answer is, “No.” I have no love for health insurance companies either, but the anger that physicians and patients feel about them should probably be more evenly distributed between the insurance companies, the health care providers, the lawyers, ... Read more
- A Salute to those who Served to Save Lives by Lucy J. Cairns, MD, and introduction by Timothy J. (T.J.) Huckleberry, MPA There is a great quote from the movie Gladiator that says “What we do in life echoes an eternity.” My grandfather served in World War 2. He was a Combat Engineer. In the Mountains of Central Italy he took shrapnel at the base of ... Read more
- Organ Donation Transforms Lives by D. Michael Baxter, MD Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine Reading Health System As physicians know, organ donations improve people’s health and save lives. One organ, tissue and eye donor may save up to eight lives and enhance the lives of up to 75 others. Nationally, 118,000 people are waiting for an organ transplant, and 22 ... Read more
- Members in the News “The American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Oral Health presents the 2016 Oral Health Service Award to C. Eve Jensen Kimball, MD, FAAP, for working to advance children’s oral health through education, medical/dental collaboration, and advocacy.” It was presented at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition Meeting in San Francisco, CA on 23 October 2016. ... Read more
- DOH Launches Prescription Drug Monitoring Program to Combat Opioid Abuse – Here’s What You Need to Know Pennsylvania physicians who are licensed, registered, or otherwise lawfully authorized to prescribe controlled substances, other drug or device in the course of professional practice, or research in this Commonwealth are required to register in the state’s new controlled substances monitoring program (PDMP). Once you have registered, the system will be ready for query beginning Aug. 25, ... Read more
- Improving Transitions of Care by Patti J. Brown, M.D. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medical Director, HealthSouth Reading Rehabilitation Hospital It is that time of year again. Our hospital’s Joint Commission Accreditation is due and we are reviewing Patient Safety Goals. When reviewing the goals it is easy to see the true meaning and purpose behind them. Acute Rehabilitation hospitals are licensed as ... Read more
Apr 11, 2018
" Autism Awareness "
with host Charles Barbera, MD
Apr 04, 2018
" The Critters Among Us "
with host John Dethoff, MD
Mar 28, 2018
" Pediatric Dental Health "
with host Dr. Wilson, MD
Mar 14, 2018
" Teenage Pregnacy "
with host John Dethoff, MD